Easy Way To Pay Your Bills in Malaysia


Hey peeps, so I have been asked so many times how do I pay my bills without so much hassle. Well this post wouldn't only be helpful for you but also for your parents. Since us and our parents or even our grandparents are from different generations, we tend to do our errands differently. As example, paying our bills. My parents and grandparents has always used to pay the traditional way at counters, but it was such a hassle and a waste of times.
Since I'm the eldest child and grandchild in my family, I tend to help out on family errands the most, and what bothers me the most is paying bills. What I hate is to get ready to go out and que which could take up almost an hour sometimes. So when I started paying my own bills for myself, I couldn't stand it no more. There was so much waste of time.


I found the solution, Internet Banking. What's popular here in Malaysia is Maybank2u and CIMB Clicks but I'll show you How to Pay Your Bills through CIMB Clicks since I'm using their site. So the first step of course is to have a CIMB account and register for CIMB Clicks.
Once you have CIMB Clicks lets start registering your billers.

1. Sign into CIMB Clicks and click on My Favourites


2. Click Billers and click on 'ADD NEW BILLS'


3. You will see 2 boxes, use the CIMB Clicks one and type your billers name inside the box. Example I'm using is TNB (Tenaga Nasional Berhad) for my electric bills. Just type in the keyword and it will automatically suggest a list of companies.


4. Once you have selected your biller, you will have to add in the relevant details. 
Biller Nickname is something that is easy for you to understand like 'Bil Api' or 'Bil Air'
Bill Account Number is very important, make sure you key in the right numbers. 
Each biller will have different kinds of Account Number which you will have to refer to you bills for the number.
If you ain't sure what is your account number cause some billers tend to have a lot of numbers displayed at the bil, try and error. CIMB clicks will let you know if you have entered the wrong format of numbers. To be more precise, call up your biller and ask for your Bill Account Number.


5. After that click next and request for a TAC number. You will receive a message on your phone displaying you a TAC number within a minute. Enter the TAC number you received in the requested box and your done!

6. Repeat the steps again to add different kind of billers such as Telekom Malaysia Berhad, Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (SYABAS), ASTRO, Majlis Daerah Kuala Langat - Cukai and many more. 

So when you have already added all your billers to 'Favourites' now its time to pay the bills, the easy way without much hassle anymore. What you will need is your phone/tablet and a stable Internet connection. How?

1. Download the CIMB Clicks App


2. Click 'Login' and type in you User ID for CIMB Clicks and press submit. Next you will have to enter your password to log in.


3. Once you have logged in, you will be directed to the home page. At the bottom of the homepage, at the middle box, click 'Bills & Reloads'.
Then click on 'Bill Payments'.


4. Then click 'via Deposit Account'
You will see 'Favourite Recipent' click on that and the list of your Billers will appear below. 
Click on the bill you would want to pay, example mine is BIL API (your billers nickname).


5. After that all you have to do is enter the amount you have to pay for that month in the 'Amount' box. As an example I entered RM1.00 in the box and click continue. Then you will be able to see all the information of your account automatically. Just click confirm and DONE!


There will be no more TAC numbers to enter once you have added your billers to favourites. Easy right? All you have to do is just click and enter the amount of bill each month. 
You could now pay your bills anytime, anywhere. And the best part is you could teach your parents to  do so. Since I taught my mother how to use this app, she could now pay bills so easily without any hassle anymore. Made my life much more easier too.. HAHA
All I had to do was just add the billers in favourites ONCE and taught her how to use the app. At first it took several times to teach her how to do so since my mum knows nothing about technology. But after a while she got the hang of it and the bills are paid on time every month now.

So that's all peeps, I hope you found this post helpful
Please comment below if you have any questions.

2 comments

  1. saya bayar pakai maybank2u .sedang kan pakai on9. x payah beratur dekat pjbat pos mcm dulu2 tu hahha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, message me on Facebook for quick responses.